The stories go a little something like this: ‘IvoryFang Keep stands guarded by a thousand wolves! it’s walls are impenetrable, it’s archers are forever precise, it’s cavalry are the countless dooming packs!’
Perhaps, these are the exaggerations of prideful Cynoceps. But my eyes hold sight of a sturdy keep, both welcoming and unafraid of confrontation. I say Unafraid simply for the fact that I doubt the legendary Wolfen beings of Idemrune would ever leave their King and Queen unprotected. But the time I’m in now, well, there hasn’t been war in over a century; the present cradles a time of re-piecing, a time of consistent peace… might I add, every ounce of day without war is swiftly accepted, after such a dreadful time of the past.
Nevertheless, I continued my course northbound; reaching the northern most part of the Island, where the sands are white and fine-grained, and the beach is blanketed with various shapes of shells. And by now, you might have already asked yourselves: ‘Wolfen beings that live on an island?’ Truth be told by a lore wizard, their true origin is from the region of Samanra, of the forests that covers it’s northern top — there is a small kingdom there, called: Hayrenval. Not much of any significance now but still, it’s kept like a faded memory among the elders and the Scholar’s Notes; the old Wizard on the beach who has made me aware of this lore is hard not to believe.
But it makes perfect sense… given another opportunity, finally free of the grip of a time when the Elves of Rayunku were treacherous — to begin new generations elsewhere was a wise decision. So, it is now, why they’re the Wolves of the island and not the Wolves of the woods. And even as I try to gather my thoughts, they escape me; the old man on the beach, the white bearded old man, that Wizard! there was still more I wish to ask him.
Instead, he ran thirty years younger and onto a small boat! And truly, I was giving chase to him! That is, until I saw him without an oar; he moved the water with a force I had not seen before. Not old, my eyes play tricks! A Mad Wizard was he? And I only say so for the simple fact that he tricked me into looking another way as he fled off in the opposite direction. I had seen Wizards fly upon great eagles, even whip through the sky upon old brooms… Though, I had never seen a Wizard swim before… it was more than slightly entertaining to watch.
Luckily, I knew where he was heading; around the Isles, straight for the Great Island of Rayunku… The old and the new Elves live there. And I’ve heard their castles are like the inside of shells; a touch of coral, a pinch of pearl, and layered with a slight gloss. There, is the position of the high order, who have redeemed themselves… it would be a time worth spending there… first and foremost: to catch up with this mad wizard, perhaps, befriend him… Secondly: This would be the perfect opportunity to confirm the rumor of the “Black Dragon,” said to live beneath the island itself.
Until next time,
And I would love to hear your thoughts! Perhaps, you have just been aware of an older story: The Wolves of Hayrenval
A subtle link of time… Can you safely assume that The Wolves of Hayrenval takes place after the famed resistance led by the stalwart Vicharri Ivoryfang? I do believe so…
Thank you Mel for this incredible nomination! You have been so kind to me from the get go and not a single conversation ends without an abundance of joy! So, thank you! Thank you, Thank you! I’m truly happy to be apart of this wonderful blogging and story telling community! May we always continue to explore and write for the joy of it, for ourselves, and for a wonderful community.
P.S. If you have not yet done so, visit Mel site, here! Such a wonderful site with a forever positive and upbeat vibe!
- Thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Use the “Sunshine Blogger Award” logo in your post.
- Answer the 11 questions the selector asks of you.
- Nominate 5-11 blogger you wish to give the award to.
- Ask the following bloggers 11 questions that you have selected for them.
Here are my answers to the twelve questions from Mel.
- Naked or both (think carefully)?
Definitely both, as I wouldn’t want to show up to work naked… having the option is so lovely. 🙂
2. Spaghetti or Fettuccine and why?
Spaghetti, hands down. Or, I should say: hands up! I love spaghetti sauce! Plus, It’s so much more fun to twirl your fork in spaghetti noodles.
3. What sauce would you use up there for question 2 and why?
See up there. 🙂
4. Harley Davidson or Vespa? Explain.
Harley Davidson… I’m sorry but I haven’t a clue what a Vespa is. 🙂 lol.
5. Leather or lace with that drink?
I feel like these are trick questions… lol! I’m totally lost in my spaghetti sauce right now. But for the sake of it, I choose… lace?…
6. Where would you do it?
If I were to ever… it would be in bar, intoxicated… Karaoke seems WAY more satisfying in the midst of other intoxicated beings. Plus! I wouldn’t feel bad if I was a little sharp on some notes.
7. With whom would you do where you would do what you do, did, done did from question 6?
Either my husband or my currently non-existent BFF. By the way… totally looking for one. lol.
8. What drink would you have with the leather or lace from question 5?
A water… or if I’m feeling extra frisky, it would be a vodka… on the rocks, please.
9. How would you disguise yourself if you had to sneak into your employer’s office in order to retrieve important incriminating documents?
IF this was the case, I would just be myself… in fact, I don’t even think I would do any sneaking at all… I’d simply ask my employer or resign. lol.
10. What did she say exactly? You know… after you did what you did that thing you did while you were doing it. (*wink*)
He would probably say something around the lines: “Round 2? Lets try a Britney song!” Seriously, he loves Britney…
11. How was that thing anyway?
Well, I haven’t quite popped my karaoke cherry yet… But I’m sure it would be both enlightening and relieving.
12. I know I am, but what are YOU doing the rest of your life?
I’m sure I’ll continue writing and working. These two things will most likely be my constants in life. But oh, the adventure itself is much more variable.
Thanks again for the nomination, Mel! And the consistent laughs from your questions! LOL.
Here are my 5 Nominations.
Here are my 11 questions for the 5.
- Did you always write? Or did you suddenly stumble upon it, unearthing a pleasant discovery?
- What type of writing are you currently working on? i.e. Short stories, Novel, Poems, or perhaps all of the above?
- If you could pick your own spirit animal, what would it be?
- If you could speak to nature, would it be to the trees? perhaps the flowers? lets hear specifics? i.e. red roses.
- Do you find it easier to write an antagonist or a protagonist?
- What’s your read to write ratio?
- Pen, pencil, crayon, marker, or color pencil?
- Where do you see yourself with writing in 5 years?
- For Halloween, do you prefer monsters or superheroes?
- Who is your favorite author and why?
- Tell us something about yourself?
I want to thank all the fellow bloggers who continue to shower and support not only myself, but each other. Life Is better this way.
Cheers! And Happy Writing!
Featured Image is courtesy of WordPress’ free photo library and is intended for aesthetic use only.